- Vertical travel of 5”
- Position sensitive headrest moves forward as the user reclines and out of the way when the seat is upright
- Headrest pivots on a natural arc for proper support in relation to the chair's recline angle
- Contoured cushion for comfortable support of the head and neck
Standard Arm Features
- Armrests easily adjust in tandem to eliminate improper arm posture
- Simple repositioning using a lift and release design- no locks, buttons, or levers
- Vertical travel of 6” - arms adjust nearly flush with the Freedom chair seat for working close to your desk
- Arms maintain the same relationship to the user's body as the chair reclines
- All arm pads utilize Humanscale’s non-degradable, non-compressible Technogel, and are available with either a Xanium (high grade synthetic leather) or a custom textile covering to match the chair's upholstery
Advanced Arm Features
The Freedom Chair's advanced armrests add width adjustment so that armrests may be adjusted both right and left as well as up and down
- Left to right pivot allows width adjustment at elbow
- Pivot adjustments lock in 5 ° increments
- 35 ° of total pivot travel
- Inward positioned armrests automatically unlock as the user exits their Freedom chair
- Advanced armrests are 1.25” longer than standard armrests, providing the user with additional arm support
Once you choose between standard or advanced arms, select either Duron or Technogel for your armrests. You can also specify if you want the arm pads to complement the color of your Freedom chair.
- Duron is a standard polyurethane arm with a Technogel core for added comfort and support
- Technogel is a softer upgrade to the Duron arms; armrests are standard black, Xanium synthetic leather
- Both armrest options can be upholstered to match your Freedom chair
The Freedom Chair’s molded foam seat cushions are sculpted to natural body contours, broadening the users seated contact area for a better distribution of the users seated pressure. The optional gel seat employs Humanscale’s non-degradable, non-compressible Technogel to maximize weight distribution.
Both seat options have a seat depth travel range of 16.25”–18.5” (measured from face of lumbar to front of seat)
Ergonomic Chair Pro’s In-House Ergonomist Recommends:
Humanscale’s foam seat for up-and-down use, and the optional Gel seat for extended use seating applications.
The Freedom chair uses a nitrogen-charged gas cylinder for seat height adjustment. The standard cylinder provides a range of travel from 16”-21”, accommodating 95% of the office population. This percentile range includes women 5’0” tall to men up to 6’4”.
- Low cylinder for users under 5’0”; travel height of 15.25”-19”
- Tall cylinder for users over 6’4”; travel height of 17”-22.25”
- High cylinder converts the Freedom chair into a high chair; the high cylinder chair may be configured alone or with an optional 18” or 21” foot ring.
All Freedom Chair cylinders have a maximum recommended weight of 300 pounds.
The Humanscale Freedom Chair utilizes a die-cast aluminum frame finished with either a fused plastic coating or polished aluminum. Titanium and Graphite finishes are available standard. Polished aluminum may be selected as an add-on. Polished aluminum frames come with the option of either a Titanium or Graphite finish on the cushions and arms.
A standard powder coated base for your Freedom chair will match your chosen frame color. A polished aluminum base is available as add-on option with graphite or titanium frames. If you have selected a polished aluminum frame, there is no need to select the "polished aluminum base" option. Simply select "standard base - matches frame color".
All Freedom chairs come standard with 2.5” double-wheel casters designed for carpeted floors.
- Soft casters designed for hardwood floors
- Non-rolling glides ideal for fixed location use
- Locking casters unlock when no one is sitting down
The textiles available for the Humanscale Freedom chair are almost as numerous as the body types the chair will adjust to accommodate. The Wave, Vellum, and Spirit Millennium textiles are available standard. Optionally, three luxurious grades of Spinneybeck leather are also available.
Squiggle is the newest textile line available from Humanscale. Designed by Lori Weitzner, Squiggle exudes the movement ripples in still water. The Squiggle pattern is available in a wide variety of color choices to match any interior decor. The Squiggle pattern can be upholstered on your chair either horizontally or vertically.
A 3-dimensional glossy fabric with a horizontal wave pattern stretching across the surface. Available in a number of vibrant colors inspired by nature. Humanscale’s Wave fabric exceeds all interior heavy duty testing requirements.
This Cordura, nylon, and elastic blend offers a beautifully subdued range of colors. Humanscale’s Vellum fabric utilizes a plain weave and a more matte finish than the Wave fabric.
An anti-microbial and easily maintainable vinyl surface intended for industries such as health care, education, and hospitality. Humanscale’s Spirit Millennium vinyl meets or exceeds all health care tests for anti-microbial and clean room tests as well as meeting fire code requirements.
Bridget Stripe is one of the newest textiles in Humanscale's Movement Collection. Designed by award-winning textile designer Elizabeth Whelan, Bridget Stripe was inspired by Bridget Riley's optical illusion Bali painting that incorporates both vibrant colors and shifting patterns. Bridget Stripe is made with 78% wool, 13% polyester and 9% nylon. The Bridget Stripe pattern can be upholstered on your chair either horizontally or vertically.
A sensuous simulated leather with a pebbled texture, Promessa is both wipeable and anti-microbial making it ideal for healthcare, hospitality, and industrial applications. Promessa is a luxurious alternative to authentic leather.
For all of their leather office chair offerings Humanscale has teamed with Spinneybeck, the worlds leading supplier of upholstery leather. The Humanscale/Spinneybeck leather offerings come in 3 grades and a number of colors.
Sourced from European hides, Humanscale’s Vicenza leather is lightly corrected and aniline dyed. Special treatments tighten the grain and create a breathable, protective finish. Vicenza leather is a beautiful blend of affordability and durable, comfortable leather.
One of Spinneybeck’s most popular leathers, and a favorite at Ergonomic Chair Pro. Sabrina is a tight, full-grain leather that is butter-smooth to the touch. For all Humanscale leather chairs we recommend Sabrina leather as the perfect combination of high-traffic durability and high-grade leather.
Spinneybeck’s pinnacle of old world elegance utilizes only premium raw materials. Prima leather is the softest, finest grain leather available for your Humanscale Freedom chair.